Countries in the World for Best Food
A style or method of cooking, especially as characteristic of a particular country, region, or establishment.Food cooked in a certain way.Their food is the hottest among the four major cuisines of China.’‘Late 18th century: French, literally ‘kitchen’, from Latin coquina, from coquere ‘to cook’.
World cuisines offer a great variety in terms of flavors, tastes and combinations. We have selected the top international cuisines that are worth travelling long and far for. Greek, Lebanese, Thai, Spanish and Japanese cuisines are known for the seasonality of the ingredients, the color combinations and the authentic national flavor you can experience when sampling these regional cuisines.
The recipes for Indian, Mexican and Chinese dishes are well known around the world: they were among the first “exotic” cuisines exported outside their native borders and have grown in popularity ever since. Italian and French cuisines are probably the most sought after world dishes, as the former stands for true genuine flavors, while the latter has come to signify refined and sophisticated taste.
Regardless of where your preference lies, each dish is the pure expression of a country’s heritage, geography and culture. And, of course, eating is one of the best parts of any holiday. Discover with us the real soul of these world cuisines.
WHAT IS CUISINE?
- A cuisine is specific set of cooking traditions and practices, often associated with a specific culture or region.
- Each cuisine involves food preparation in a particular style, of food and drink of particular types, to produce individually consumed items or distinct meals.
What are all the different types of food?
- Chicken and Other Poultry.
- Eggs and Egg Products.
- Milk, Cheese, and Dairy Products.
- Fresh Fruits, Vegetables, and Juices.
- Nuts, Grains, and Beans.
Factors that affect a cuisine
- Some factors that have an influence on a region’s cuisine include the area’s climate, the trade among different countries, religiousness or sumptuary laws and culinary culture exchange.
- For example, a Tropical diet may be based more on fruits and vegetables, while a polar diet might rely more on meat and fish.
- Culinary culture exchange is also an important factor for cuisine in many regions: Japan’s first substantial and direct exposure to the West came with the arrival of European missionaries in the second half of the 16th century.
- At that time, the combination of Spanish and Portuguese game frying techniques with a Chinese method for cooking vegetables in oil led to the development of tempura, the popular Japanese dish in which seafood and many different types of vegetables are coated with batter and deep fried.
The Obesity Conspiracy
- I think we’re facing, unfortunately, a loosely organized conspiracy to promote disease and obesity.
- By default or by design, one-third of our economy profits from people being sick and fat.
- So big food, which is industrial food, big farming, which is agribusiness, and big pharma all profit from making people sicker and fatter.
- It’s hard to fight that battle. We see, for example, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation spends $100 million fighting childhood obesity in this country.
- The food industry spends that in four days to promote junk food and processed food, and the worse the food is for you the more they advertise and promote it.
The 10 Best Countries in the World for Food
- When you are out of country, you need some hints not to get lost in the variety of tastes and flavors.
- We will give you a list of stories not only about best destinations for food, but also about how to understand what is on your plate. What are the must-eats ? And what you should avoid not to get into awkward situations…
India is a massive country with a varied and deeply rooted food cultures spread over a billion people. You can bet your ass that what’s being cooked on the streets and in the kitchens of Mumbai and Delhi and Amritsar deserves to be recognized as some of the best food in the world.
- As we remember, the cow is a sacred animal here and the majority of Indians are vegetarians.
- Traditional Indian food uses many different spices and is slathered with flavourful sauce.
- They are also big fans of Indian homemade white cheese, called Panir.
- Every dish is traditionally accompanied by naan bread. Of course, rice is one of the basic products of Indian cuisine as well.
- Concerning alcohol – you would not find it anywhere in India, almost nowhere. Only Goa is famous for parties and drinks, because there is no alcohol tax here, unlike all other states of India.
Greece has the advantage of being a sea-faring culture at a crossroads between Asia and Europe. And the crossroads is where you find the best foods born from cultures sharing their cuisines as they passed through — offering locals the chance to pick up techniques, spices, and ingredients.
Greek food is the continuing evolution of sharing food culture. And that’s kinda awesome. Also, call it cliche all you want but a gyro in the placa in Athens is one of the best 10 meals on earth.
- There are many things in general you can try, from salads to hot dishes, from sweets to soups.
- But if you want something traditional, cheap and fast – it`s definitely souvlaki.
- The iconic dish of Greece is a fast food that you usually can find anywhere on the streets, in the bars, in small take-out shops and cafes.
- You will see souvlaki over the whole country. And if you are lucky enough to be invited to a house party of Greek people – ask for mousaka. It is the best when it`s homemade.
Italy is the number one country having the best food in the world. It’s difficult to talk about Italian food, it’s easier to enjoy it. The original shades of Italian cuisine – green, red and yellow always produce a wonderful blend of taste and flavor. Generally, all of the dishes derive from tomato, bread and also olive oil. The true secret of the cuisine isn’t in a refined preparation procedure, it’s more upon the quality of the products. Italian food consists of cheese, olive oil, and coffee. Italian taste coffee is recognised as espresso. Pizza is definitely the creation of Italian people. Italian chefs are extremely meticulous in the food preparation. They select the best quality ingredients in the preparation of Italian foods. Olive oil is normally used in the cooking.
- It’s hard to speak about Italian food, it’s better to enjoy it. The traditional colors of Italian cuisine – red, green and yellow always create a great mixture of flavor and taste.
- Usually all the dishes are based on tomato, bread and olive oil. The secret of the cuisine is not in a sophisticated preparation process, it is more in the freshness of the products.
Every single food lover should be knowledgeable about the Spanish food. Spanish cuisine has tremendous variety simply because of various countries which conquered Spain at totally different periods. Spanish food is mainly utilizing the style of Roman Empire. Roman Empire integrated the various dishes of Mushrooms on Spanish cuisine. World’s nearly 90% olive oil is made in Spain thus, Spanish food is served by utilizing olive oil.
Spain in the top five makes sense if you consider the acorn butteriness of Jamon Iberico alone. Then there’s the food culture that lives on the streets across Spain of Pintxos, Tapas, Cañas, and Copas. Little bites of food from the land and sea to go with little glasses of beer or wine in a perfect pairing of thrift and expediency. Spain is also where chefs like Ferran Adria are straight up changing the fine dining game down to its DNA and giving it to the world to toy with and further evolve.
Thailand has made its mark internationally as one of the great cuisines. There’s sweet pork BBQs in the south, sour noodle soups in the north, and a cornucopia of tropical flavors and spices in between that have made this country a food-lovers mecca.
- Like many other Asian cuisines, Thai cooking uses rice as a basic ingredient for the majority of dishes.
- The word “food” in Thai language means literally “to eat rice”.
- Furthermore, it has 5 main tastes, which you may meet in almost every dish. These are: sour lime, savory fish sauce, hot chilli, salt and sweetness (usually added by palm tree).
Wandering the izakaya dens, sushi bars, Kobe joints, ramen houses, and markets of Japan is a wonder for the senses. The food is bombastic. It’s simple yet delicately intricate. It’s new and old at the same time. Contradictions abound. But one truth remains, Japan has great food.
- Japanese food is one of a kind. You will never mistake it. Sushi, sashimi, unagi, and sake… we all know this. But this cuisine is not only about products and recipes, here a lot is about their indigenous culture and traditions.
- It is not surprising then that they made the whole world eat with chopsticks instead of knives and forks.
Mexican cuisine is actually a blend of various European countries food particularly Spanish food. Mexican food includes beans, corn as well as chili, and so on. And with this meat is another great element of Mexican food. The meat of chicken, beef, goat, pork, etc. is likewise eaten which is included by the Spanish cuisine on Mexican food. Using of Cheese as well as other dairy foods were also unfamiliar to the Mexicans, however, Spanish people brought in the use of Cheese in this place. African and Asian people also influenced the Mexican Cuisine. Mexican people associate food with the family and social bonding. Based on them, great food on several festivals will improve the love between families.
Warm, sunny, blue sea and liters of tequila – this is the ideal picture of Mexico. Actually, this is not only positive, but also true and realistic. Add to this corn, beans, tomato and chilli peppers, and you would get the real taste of the country.
China is vast. From the Himalayan peaks to the northern deserts to vast prairies that give way to lush mountains that crash into the craggy Pacific Ocean coast. With all that terrain comes a plethora of cuisines, making China a fantastic place to eat a different meal every day and never grow bored.
- It is not a coincidence that you will find Chinese food pretty much everywhere.
- But remember, there are 2 types of Chinese cuisine – authentic and fake. How to identify the first type? Easy.
- If you are in China – it’s all over. If you are in your city’s Chinese restaurant – choose the place where customers are Chinese, not tourists.
French cuisine is quite innovative and contemporary. It comes with a long historical background and mainly taught in various cooking schools around the globe. Making French food is not the same as some other cuisines. French people are renowned for bringing out French Fries to everyone which are probably the most eaten food on earth. France has numerous dishes on their national cuisine such as terrine and Bisque etc. Cheese is likewise considered to be the invention of French people since they utilize cheese as being their staple food.
Wine is likewise served with French foods.Somewhere deep inside you always know it’s going to come down to Italy and France. It’s a classic battle of the ages. The influences of the old French masters on western cuisine is indelible. France is a country that cares deeply about food and it shows in every meal, every ingredient, and every style. French food is about eating the best food for pleasure and truly enjoying the bounty — sustenance is just an ancillary benefit.
This is probably the most shocking upset on the list. Germany lands at ten with blazing pretzels, plump sausages, and plenty of schnitzel to go around. In reality, Germany is so much more than its stereotypical beer hall fare. It’s a very seasonal and locavore-driven country with smoked fish dominating as thoroughly in the northern states as roast pork shanks dominate across the south. Plus, this is where Berlin is…so…